Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27th

December 27th, 2009

Dion and I recieved some gift certificates for Christmas (as did the boys). Some of them were for Target. Yesterday we went to Target first thing in the morning to get some Christmas decorations in the after Christmas sale (I had been eyeing a new treetopper.... but wasn't going to pay full price for it). We have been saving up our $10 Pharmacy gift cards from our "season of sickness" to spend on Christmas stuff during the 50% off sale.

I tried to convince the boys to get these awesome Toy Story lego sets with thier gift cards. But they weren't convinced. Nicholas has been h0ping for an "official movie size" buzz lightyear, and he had exactly enough on his gift card from Grammie Jeannie to get one (thanks! I am sure a completely illegible thank you note will be coming soon). Jonathan loves Transformers, and his parents often arent willing to buy them for him, and he managed to get a bumble bee and an optimus prime with his gift card from Grammie Jeannie (Thanks again! A partially legible thank you note will be coming soon).

So, resigned to the fact that the boys weren't interested in buying these legos for me to play with I decided to use my gift card to buy them for myself. I love legos. They are therapy. I can sit for hours following directions and building. The bonus is that when I am done the kids can play, and then when they destroy it I can get the instructions out and build it again. It is an endless cycle of joy!

This picture was taken this morning at about 11 when I finished building it. It is now one and it is ready to be rebuilt again...

No comments:

Post a Comment